May this message reach all of you in the best of health and high Iman inshallah. Inshallah everyone’s Ramadaan is going ultra amazing. If it is not as amazing as you expected….it is still not too late yet! There are still few more days to rake in the blessings inshallah and to train ourselves for the rest of the year! May Allah SWT help everyone achieve the goals they set for themselves this year. Ameen.
Here are the updates about Samaah or Chamaah (as her Mamima, Fareheen calls herself)
- The CT scan last week showed that there is enough room for the brain to grow for now inshallah. They were checking to see if the skull had already developed fully, or if there was room for the brain to grow
- The CT scan on the Chest….did not show what they expected, They will be doing a Gallium ( I think that is how it is spelt) scan this week inshallah.
- She started her feeds after about 30 hours of being off them last week For the CT scan…Unfortunately she is not tolerating her feeds that well
- She is on continuous feeds again. I guess she likes getting her meals in small portions all the time….hehehe
- The infection in the chest is not healing the way they were expecting that is why they are doing the Gallium Scan in order to see if it spread to tissues or the bones
- She has been throwing up with each feed, so now she is boarder line dehydrated, but the good part is, she is not officially dehydrated, Allhumdulliah
- She is on Antibiotics through IV for the infection, first they were giving it every 4 hours, than 18 now 24, the same amount is being administrated, but her body was not able to digest the amount given at first, so they have increased the time in between to help the digestion,.
- X-rays have been taken to see if they can detect why she is throwing up. They will also inform us if she still has liquid in her lungs. Last week she had a fair amount of extra liquid in her lungs and her head, but that started to drain out after medication
- As of this morning, she is officially off morphine, so inshallah they will see how she does with out it….she has been having withdrawal from it for the last few weeks, which includes shaking, throwing up, sudden jerks, sneezing, coughing but the actions are not as dramatic as they used to be.
- I think that is it for now, we took lots of pictures, so we will be posting them up shortly, especially since Babu (Sayeem) came for a surprise visit this week! Mamima came back to Saskatoon on the weekend with Babu to have some exciting babysitting adventures with Cham Cham (Samaah)
- Over all Samaah is doing very well mashallah. May Allah SWT cont. to shower everyone with His mercy and forgiveness. Ameen.